Happy birthday Mom!

Today is Mom's birthday. I'm trying to be excited since this birthday thing has more significance in a human's life. Mom always plays down her birthday, especially as she gets closer to 30. I don't get it — I'm 35 and I still get plenty of attention in the elevator. Some even say I have a baby face, whatever that means.

I overheard Mom on the phone last night talking about Grandma and Grandpa coming to visit. She said something about walking (ugh) and dinner (mmm). I'm counting on eggs. I can't imagine anyone's favorite food being something other than eggs. Definitely a birthday food. 

Mom will be heading off to work in a bit which means I only have a few hours to figure out a gift. (Again, the gift and birthday thing. I still don't understand but I'm going with it.) One time Mom wrapped a gift that looked a bit like me. Should I wrap something that looks like her? 

Heck, maybe I'll just play some Taylor Swift music as she comes home. 

And that's what I'm mulling over today.

Your friend,
Murphs 





Comments

Popular Posts